In September of 2019 the Biddeford City Council Voted to enter into a Joint Development Agreement with Treadwell Franklin Infrastructure Capital (TFIC), Amber Infrastructure (Amber) and James. W. Sewall Company (Sewall) to:
- Create and establish Biddeford Innovation, Inc.
- Provide up to $3 million to complete the next phases of the RiverWalk/pedestrian improvements.
- Design, build, finance, operate and maintain a parking garage on the 3 Lincoln Street property, and to manage the surface parking lots within the downtown area.
On August 11th, 2020 the city and it’s partners broke ground on a 640-space parking garage. The garage will support parking needs for development of the Biddeford’s Mill District, including the future mixed-use development planned for the 3 Lincoln Street site as well as the Lincoln Mill and Riverdam Mill redevelopment projects already underway.
- 640-space parking garage built on the 3 Lincoln Street property.
- Completion of RiverWalk/pedestrian connections and provision of funding, up to $3 million.
- Proveds a long-term viable, safe and reliable solution to parking congestion issues in Biddeford, supporting local businesses, tourism and the community.
- Allows the City to work with a private firm with expertise in parking to develop and operate the parking garage while maintaining control over decision making.
- Provides for economic upside to remain with the City.
- Certainty of timing and completion of the parking structure and RiverWalk.
- No/minimal impact on City bonding capacity.
- Facilitates continued Mill District and downtown development.
Biddeford Innovation Inc. In The News
Additional Project Resources